In the very beginning of the school year, the students are eager to know about newly formed clubs, in addition to football, basketball, fine arts, etc.
In 2020, Hanoi Academy offers students the opportunity to discover and develop their talents through participation in a wide range of clubs activities (20 in total) spanning from arts, sports to critical thinking and skills. Please refer to the information below to choose a suitable club for you:
- Basketball: Students will practice basic skills of basketball like footwork, passing, pivoting, blocking out, shooting, etc. Students will also be trained in discipline and team spirit, build strength and maintain fitness playing basketball with the club.
- Football: In addition to well-rounded fitness training, practising fundamental skills of football such as dribbling, passing and shooting, etc.; football also provides students with the opportunity to boost unity, improve social and teamwork skills.
- Dodge ball: Students will not only learn fundamental skills of dodgeball but also its special tactics: aim at a single target; throw together; spread out; get close; aim low; throw at the strongest players first, and use the whole court. Practising dodgeball, students will improve their flexibility, stamina, focus as well as cooperation with teammates.
- Modern dancing: Students will practice basic dancing skills with the most popular songs. Students will learn to move with grace, dance with flexibility, sense rhythm and benefit from improved stamina and fitness.
- Swimming: This club will provide with underwater escape skills. Swimming is a form of full-body workout, and help increase height, develop cardiovascular, respiratory systems and well-balanced body growth. Swimming style: frog and breaststroke (for Secondary & High school students)
- Fine art: Fine art will help students develop and express their artistic talents. Students will be free to make use of their creativity while drawing on various types of materials and taught art knowledge from basic to advanced.
- Sing: The singing club is a club of singing and performing. Students will practice controlling their breath, their vocal and shape of their mouths. Students will also be able to express their individuality through their way of moving on stage. After hours of practice, students will gradually build their own “performing style”.
- Improv: In collaboration with ATH – Drama Center of Hanoi, HA Drama club provides students with the opportunity to learn about improvisational theatre – in which most of what is performed is unplanned and unscripted. Students will develop their creativity, observation, and empathy.
- Photography and films: This club equips students with basic knowledge about DSLR camera, how to adjust lighting and create photo composition, as well as photo editing with Adobe Lightroom software. Furthermore, students will be equipped with basic knowledge of filming and editing, colour grading, special effects, scene transition. Students thus can easily make event and travel highlight videos, vlogs, sitcoms, etc.
- Craft art: Students will learn to make ornaments from craft materials, thereby helping them unleash their creativity with paint colours and diverse types of paper.
- Piano: Clubs practice basic piano skills, practice basic fingers, practice some works or learn accompaniment to sing favourite songs. Students will practice hand-eye training, develop thinking, increase concentration and promote imagination.
- Music perception: The club helps students become familiar with musical instruments and the basic knowledge of music.
- Magic: Students will learn basic knowledge and skills to perform simple street and stage-style magic tricks. After hours of practising and performing, students will learn to use their creativity, cultivate their confidence, as well as build their style of performing.
- Cooking: Students will be equipped with fundamental nutrition knowledge and practice basic Asian – European cooking techniques. Students will not only learn how to make simple dishes but are also encouraged to experiment with ingredients to create new dishes
- Photoshop: Photoshop club lasting 12 sessions will equip students with basic knowledge of common tools and how to use Adobe Photoshop software. Students will practice their editing skills with media materials and photos.
CRITICAL THINKING CLUBS:
- Board games: Students will have an exciting and thrilling time playing games with their friends without the distraction of any digital devices. Each new game presents a new set of rules, characters and a whole new world for students to explore. Playing board games not only boost memory and develop problem-solving skills but also polish their social and persuasion skills.
- Robotics: Students will have an exciting and thrilling time playing games with their friends without the distraction of any digital devices. Each new game presents a new set of rules, characters and a whole new world for students to explore. Playing board games not only boost memory and develop problem-solving skills but also polish their social and persuasion skills.
- Digital making: Learn to build using coding and electronic parts. Build a robot car, weather station, musical instruments, games, fart detectors… or anything you want to research and try (if we can get the parts!). No experience needed! Boys and girls welcome!
- Discovery Science: Students are free to explore and to perform a number of simple experiments, through which they will stimulate curiosity and increase their ability to observe.
- Chess: Students are acquainted with the rules of the game and practice chess tactics to train their intelligence, concentration and perseverance ability.
Hopefully, these clubs can establish and maintain excitement at school, helping Acers to show their talents and career orientation in the future.