To continue the school building plans for international cooperation aimed at promoting positive international environment in bilingual secondary In collaboration with the Hanoi Academy parents, teachers and students, the school organizes the program “New year celebration around the world” 2017 on the occasion of Tet Dinh Dau. To strengthen activities for students to learn about the countries in the world through the New Year customs of different countries in the world, develop the skills of project construction and implementation, teamwork, assigning tasks …; promote students’ creativity and initiative.
- Student’s parents of all 12 classes
- Part II: Exhibition & Fair – Souvenirs and traditional dishes of the countries
– Classes participate based on the plans and prepare carefully for the fair.
TRADITIONAL DANCES OF THE COUNTRIES
Time: 11:00 – 12:00 Thursday, 19/01/2017 * Venue: Hanoi Academy Auditorium
1. Classes pick a country before 06/01/2017
Example: Vietnam, Brazil, Korea, France, Russia, Laos, Thailand, Scotland, America.
2. Students prepare for the traditional dances of their
Example: Vietnam (mua non), Brazil (Samba), America (Hula),…
II. Contest rules
* The dance must be presented on the stage of Hanoi Academy’s Auditorium
* Time allowed: 5 minutes / performance
* The judges will give marks
III. Marking table
|1||Contents (correct traditional dance of the country)||5|
* Teachers and parents advise/consult students with the country’s traditional
* Teachers assign student(s) to take photos or videos while preparing for the
* Each class send the music to Tu before 16/01/2017
* Each class pick at random the performing orders and be ready in the backstage 5 minutes before the
V. Prizes: 1 First prize, 1 Second prize, 2 Third prizes, 3 Encouraging prizes
VI. Rehearsal: The performances will be on stage for rehearsal on 18/01/2017
Exhibition & Fair – Souvenirs and Traditional dishes of the countries
Time: 13:00 – 16:00 Thursday, 19/01/2017 * Venue: Hanoi Academy’s school yard
* Each class prepare 1 booth which contains:
+ A decorated gate
+ A traditional dish for the contest (at least 1 dish for each class)
+ Food for selling and buying at the fair (the money will be exchanged into coupons for the activity at the HABank)
+ Souvenirs for selling or displaying
* Souvenirs for selling will be bought with coupons
* Souvenirs for displaying (the class will have to be responsible to the displayers)
II. Contest rules
After the opening ceremony
* The judges will give mark to each booth
* The students will participate in buying, selling, and taking
III. Marking rules (20 points in total)
|1||Decoration (related to the country, attractive, creative)||6|
|2||Food (correct, tasty, well- prepared and clean)||6|
|3||Souvenir display (beautiful)||3|
|4||Cleaning-up the booth area after the fair||3|
* Bonus points:
* The poster of the class is being chosen by the judges before 08/01/2017 (at least 1 poster/class): + 2 points/chosen poster
* The teachers, parents & students are wearing the country’s traditional costumes during the fair: + 1 points/ person
* The souvenirs brought to the booth by students should be taken care of by the class
* Parents and teachers should also participate in taking responsible of the stall of each class during the
* The classes will receive the basic ingredients 3 days before the fair.
* The food should be safe to eat and well-prepared.
* The fair will only start after the opening If any class doesn’t follow the rules, the results for the previous contest will not be accepted.
Hanoi Academy Secondary school