At Hanoi Academy it is our aim to raise standards by promoting a school ethos which is underpinned by core values for our students. These values support the development of the whole child as a reflective learner within a calm, caring, happy and purposeful atmosphere. We place great importance and regularly review how values can be used to support our student as a reflective learner and promote quality teaching and learning. In our society children are increasingly encouraged through media and advertising to think of happiness as something which can be found simply in the material world. Many young people are thus generally encouraged to experience life in a world which is external to their own inner selves. As a school community we believe that our students and school operations should be built on a foundation of values that promote positive character traits which allow students to achieve excellence while being responsible citizens.
- Be honest;
- Do not deceive, cheat or steal;
- Be reliable – do what you say you’ll do;
- Have the courage to do the right thing;
- Build a good reputation;
- Be loyal – stand by your family, friends, and community.
- Treat others with respect; follow the Golden Rule;
- Be tolerant of differences;
- Use good manners, not bad language;
- Be considerate of the feelings of others;
- Don’t threaten, hit or hurt anyone;
- Deal peacefully with anger, insults and disagreements.
- Do what you are supposed to do;
- Persevere: keep on trying!;
- Always do your best;
- Use self-control;
- Be self-disciplined;
- Think before you act – consider the consequences;
- Be accountable for your choices.
- Play by the rules;
- Take turns and share;
- Be open-minded; listen to others;
- Don’t blame others carelessly.
- Be kind;
- Be compassionate and show you care;
- Express gratitude;
- Forgive others;
- Help people in need.
- Do your part to make your school and community better;
- Get involved in your home and community;
- Be a good neighbor;
- Obey rules and regulations;
- Protect the environment.